19th MAY 2020
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love – 1 John 4:18
When we were children, so many fairy tales and Folklores were told to us in such a way as to create either a negative or a positive effect on us. But as we grow older, life begins to unfold like flower petals that unfolds gradually to reveal the beauty and the outer core of the flower itself. In the course of time, some of us have come to realize through education and religious teachings that these folklores were meant to instill in us a sense of discipline, courage, vigilance, care, etc. The same applies with regards to the scriptures. The scriptures are not meant to generate fear in us, but rather to teach us how to move in the right direction so we can harmonize with our heavenly father in terms of good works (2 Timothy 3:16-17 ) Its only when there is harmony between us and God that His promises can manifest in our life. We harmonize with God through His divine will – LOVE. There is no doubt that we are afraid of so many aspects of life, but unknown to us, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, because all that God created is very good (Genesis 1:31) The greatest fear people have is fear of the DEVIL and what he is likely capable of doing to us. But not many are aware that the devil cannot harm them, except they go to him and decide to dine or wine with him. The ways we usually invite the devil and fear into our life are:
1. Through envy, jealousy, hatred, backbiting, unwarranted gossips, wanton wickedness, malice, covetousness, lies, avarice, etc. When you avoid these negative tendencies, the devil will be far from you! Also, when your action and thoughts are negatively polarized, fear is AUTOMATICALLY generated in your mind or heart. This is not bad! Remember, FEAR ALWAYS ATTRACT NEGATIVE EFFECTS!
2. Through mental poisoning and psychic attacks such as when our mind is punctured by wrong teachings, wrong beliefs, violent conditioning situations such as terror, natural disasters, and negative energy or what is popularly referred to as demonic or witchcraft attacks. There is no doubt that other people can send negative vibes to us so as to cause us harm, and that if not careful, anyone can fall prey to these negative vibes. We fall prey to negative vibes in the following ways:
1. When we are attuned to the negative vibes! We attune to negative energy or vibes when we believe in our mind and fear that these vibes can actually harm us. Unfortunately, almost everybody believes in the existence of evil powers and their ability to affect them.
2. When we are actually afraid of a possible attack on us by some known or unknown persons or forces. Here, we are referring to inordinate panic syndrome or fear of the unknown.
3. When we envy others or wish them bad deep down in our mind. This is wrong. What we wish for others usually happens to us at some point.
4. When we are unable to forgive the wrong done to us. If we become resentful or seek vengeance, we dislodge ourselves from the love of God, thereby giving the enemy more powers to harm us.
HOWEVER, THE TRUTH IS THAT ALL NEGATIVE VIBES OR ATTACKS CAN BE NEUTRALIZED BY THE POWER OF LOVE. LOVE SETS US FREE! REMEMBER, WHEN WE DESERVED TO DIE DUE TO SIN, THE LOVE OF GOD SETS US FREE!
The scripture is telling us today that LOVE knows no fear, and the perfection we seek in Christ is made possible when love is firmly planted in our hearts. Love dispels darkness, neutralizes the witches negative salve. Love bends the sword and arrows of the wicked. Love knows no bounds and moves at the same frequency as God. If you have love in your heart, you will move on the same level as God, and the devil or demons will have no power over you. In 1 John 4:16, the scripture says, “God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him”. AMEN
Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I accept your word of truth today and I declare that LOVE grows in my heart. Therefore, I am free, and free indeed! AMEN.
FURTHER READING: 1 Corinthians 13