30th APRIL 2021
“That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death” – Philippians 3:10
As children of God, it is very important that we learn to manifest the power of the son of God. This is the mighty power of the WORD of God that creates manifestation under the will of God. The son does not act outside the will of His father, Therefore, as a son of God, you are given the mighty power of the WORD of God to create desirable manifestations, only as permitted by God under His divine will and purpose.
The word of God today calls us to experience this great power, which comes only through an encounter with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit takes control of our lives only when we are willing to live in the spirit and repent from our sins (Acts 2:38). How do we attract the son’s power?
1. Develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, even as you believe in Him as your Lord and saviour. Also, be focused on receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The Holy spirit will surely impregnate you with the son’s power when you are thus prepared.
2. Talk to God through the scriptures, receive the Holy Spirit; and meditate on God’s power of love over the whole universe.
3. Depend on the Holy Spirit each day of your life. The Holy Spirit is the game-changer. He is the great enabler. It is He who generates in us the power to live the life God has planned for us.
4. Embrace your Spiritual Identity as a true believer; A true Believer has been transferred permanently into the kingdom of God’s Son.
However, we have to avoid the following barriers:
1. Sin – “If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth” (1 John 1:8). We cannot expect to experience God’s power in our lives when we choose to sin. This is because sin always short-circuits the work of the Holy Spirit. “Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them” (1 John 3:9).
2. Don’t rely on the power of intellect – We must be ready to die to self along the pathway of life. Avoid self-reliance, self-trust, self-sufficiency, and independence. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity.” —John 12:24–25
3. Believe in the Word, act by faith and develop heart knowledge of God. Our knowledge of God must move from our head to our heart in the form of conviction that impacts our faith and behaviour. Failure to do so will certainly make our lives barren and unproductive.
The Word of God today calls us to experience the power of the WORD of God by developing a personal relationship with Jesus. When we accept Jesus, we must allow Him to transform us. We must take a bold step by allowing the Holy Spirit to control how we think, feel, and act. We shut off His power when we refuse to let Him transform our lives. (Galatians 2:20) For you to have Christ live in you, you must allow Jesus Christ to take control of us. We must submit to him.
Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I hold onto your righteousness in Christ Jesus. Father, bring me to perfect union and alignment with thy WORD. From this day onward, I declare that thy Spirit will abide in me and motivate all my actions and fulfil your plan and purpose in my life. AMEN.
FURTHER READING: 1 Corinthians 1:24