14th DECEMBER 2019“According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” – Peter 1:3
Our world is complex, and it takes a focused mind to break through to unravel the mysteries of life. If you are centered in the scriptures and you allow God to speak to your heart, you would be able to see the green cord that marks the path to fulfillment. Today’s scripture says God has given unto us ALL THINGS that pertain unto life and godliness. Therefore, for as long as your mind and heart can conceive an idea or yearn for a thing, the scripture is saying those things have been provided already. Money, healing, love, etc. have been provided for us. The problem we have is with RECEIVING ALL THAT GOD HAS ALREADY PROVIDED FOR US. So if God had provided, then why haven’t you received it? This topic is recurrent because of the obvious problems we face every day with unanswered prayers. To refresh our minds, please take note there are multiple reasons we might not receive from God. But the major reasons are the following:
1. FAITH: Our faith in God is weak or non – existent. Faith is a receiving trunk between God and you, and everything you ask flows through the trunk of faith to you. So, if the trunk or pipe is weak or broken, then you cannot receive from God (Mark 11:23 – 25). What holds this trunk together is your confidence and belief THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED ALREADY whatever you have prayed for.
2. WORKS: Your work positions you to receive from God. Therefore, you have to apply your faculties to doing something tangible. Also, ask yourself; “do I have the capacity to hold these benefits, or am I qualified to do this job; or have I taken the right medication”? Don’t just continue to pray and fast endlessly! God says he would bless the work of your hands. Remember, without work, faith is dead.
3. PAST MISTAKES: Your past mistakes can hold back the blessings of God from reaching you. Therefore, you have to make peace with God by asking for His forgiveness, also make peace with anyone you may have wronged. Remember, God is Spirit, but He uses human beings to bring about the change He wants in you. Therefore, you must be at peace with God and with everyone.
4. GOD’S WILL: The fact that you have eternal life or that you have asked with faith does not make you receive from God if you are asking God to give to you contrary to His Will (1 John 5:13 – 14). Therefore, first, pray to know about God’s will regarding an issue and then listen to God talk to you.
5. SELFISH DESIRES: If what you need will serve your purpose alone, God may not give to you. You must be ready to use what you are asking for to serve the purpose of God as well. Remember, Hannah prayed that He would dedicate her son to the service of God if God would provide her with a son. God answered by giving Samuel. That was how several years of barrenness was broken!
Father in the name of Jesus Christ; hear my prayers to receive all you have provided for me already. AMEN.
FURTHER READING: Ephesians 1:3