27th SEPTEMBER 2022
“Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.” – Isaiah 30:21
The truth is that as children of God, we do not have to walk blind. In our relationship with God, He talks to us, and we ought to listen. Jesus tells us in John 10:27, “My sheep hears my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” No doubt, it takes time to learn to discern God’s voice. That is because we can’t forcefully ask God to talk to us. Also, some people do the things they are not supposed to do thinking that they are doing what God asked them to do. But in humility, we can ask, seek, and knock and God will show up. How do we know whether we’re hearing the voice of God? The word of God today wants us to recognize that God talks to us in many ways, but we must be careful. Use these seven keys to judge whether what you hear from within your heart, or from others comes from God:
– The Scriptures: The voice of God usually corresponds to the scriptures.
– The Holy Spirit: He will minister to you. Whatever comes from the Holy Spirit usually agrees with the Scriptures.
– Prophetic Utterances and Godly counsel: Listen to Godly utterances, but examine everything carefully and hold fast to that which is good. The Scripture says we should test every Spirit to be sure that God has truly spoken.
– Subject everything you hear or feel to confirmation – The Scripture says by the mouth of two or three witnesses, every fact may be confirmed.
– The peace of God: The voice of God cries for peace, forgiveness and mercy. Any voice crying for vengeance and destruction is not of God. God says vengeance is His.
– Circumstances/Timing – Be vigilant and take advantage of opportunities that come up at the dying minutes. God is the God of lthe ast minute!
Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I open my spirit to receive your promises today and I rebuke every contrary, deceitful and evil voice that tends to pull me down or mislead my path from the realization of your promises. Lord, I commit all my ways and works to your hands and I declare my thoughts and actions are agreeable to your will. From this day onwards, my plans are established and successful. I am positioned to receive a life-changing divine encounter NOW. Like, Paul, I declare I am blessed with a strategic partnership such as that between Paul, Aquila and Priscilla and I am totally transformed and blessed. AMEN
FURTHER READING: Proverbs 16:3