22nd DECEMBER 2021
“ Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” – Luke 6:38
Although God would always actualize the desires of our hearts, we only get Him to do that when we activate His divine principle of giving first. The more you give to serve the glory of God and to uplift lives, the more you receive from God; and the more you develop the capacity to retain your wealth. The Israelites’ journey took forty years because God’s people lacked the capacity to accept, appreciate and act on the blessings of God. Our capacity to receive and understand the flow of God’s blessings will increase our potential for success.
To increase our capacity to receive from God, we must learn to take God by His Word, believe in Him and think beyond our present limitations. Starting from today, practice the following principles:
1. Give willingly to serve the glory of God, and to uplift humanity.
2. Ask God to actualize your heart desires as well as increase your capacity to receive from Him. (1 Chronicle 4:10)
3. Believe that God will bless the work of your hands. Make good use of your time to improve your work and pray that God’s will be done in your life.
4. Get out of your comfort zone, and embrace new challenges. Start to do something you previously thought was impossible (Genesis 12:1-2)
5. See through God’s eyes. This means you have to see into the future; believe in God, and see things the way God see them. Believe in the power of God to change your situation. In 2 Chronicles 20:20, the scripture says:
“And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper”.
6. Avoid negative conversations with people who are neither motivated nor capable of big dreams. Associate only with dynamic and progressively minded people. Talking negatively about your prospect reduces the chances of your desire coming to pass. James 3:6 says:
“The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell”
These are too strong words to joke with. No wonder then that Proverbs 18:20 – 21 further says that:
“With the fruit of a man’s mouth his stomach will be satisfied; He will be satisfied with the product of his lips. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Therefore beloved, do not doubt the possibility of you being able to realize a venture; the more you doubt and talk negatively, the more you reduce the power to actualize that desire.
Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, enlarge my borders and also enlarge my heart so I can keep to your commandments. Lord, enlarge my steps so I can receive your wealth and prosperity. I receive deliverance and expansion for my life today. The Lord shall increase me more and more, me and my family.AMEN
FURTHER READING: Isaiah 54:2; 2 Kings 4:6