“So we are no longer to be children, tossed back and forth by waves and carried about by every wind of teaching by the trickery of people who craftily carry out their deceitful schemes. But practicing the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ, who is the head – Ephesians 4:14-15
September 1st 2019
Every child of God must be ready to devise a means of spiritual growth and discipline. The question you must ask yourself today is; “Are you a growing Christian”? Asked another way; “What is the level of your spiritual growth”? Are you able to measure the level of your spiritual growth? Today, I bring to your attention certain tools – a spiritual discipline that would enable you to decipher if you are actually growing spiritually or not. Some of the tools are as follows:
1. A growing child of God always abides in Jesus Christ: Jesus says, Abide in me and let my word abide in you for, without me, you can do nothing (Ref: John 15:1-7). Further to this, in John 8:31-32, the scripture says, “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye, my disciples, indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free”. The only way to have Christ live in us is to be in alignment or harmony with God and His word. The WORD of God is spirit, just like God. The word is food to our souls and nourishment to our body as well (Matthew 4:4). The word of God took flesh and became Jesus Christ. This WORD fills you up; feeds you, and by Him, you are given the power to create manifestations, just like God created the whole world by sending out the WORD. The word is spirit, and not many can tap into this awesome ocean of power, but we can receive it physically when we do the following:
· Listening to the scriptures taught or preached
· Reading and studying the scriptures
· Memorizing vital aspects of the scriptures
· Meditating on the scriptures
· Applying the principles highlighted in the scriptures to our lives.
The mystery of the Word cannot be fully comprehended. But what I do know is that the power of God flows out through His word. So when we study the scriptures, and meditate on biblical principles and apply them to our lives, the SPIRIT OF THE WORD becomes alive in us and what follows thereafter is power, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Every disjointed element in our lives begins to fall into place, and our health is also improved. Our prayers begin to take flesh and manifest without delay! How are you doing? Do you love the scriptures? Do you read it? Do you study it? Memorize it? Do you live it? Do you obey God’s word in the scriptures? Abiding in the word of God means we live the word as much as we read the word. Today, you have the chance to start a new beginning – the path of spiritual awakening which brings you face to face with the ETERNAL WORD OF GOD. Remember, God’s word has the power to transform your life! His teachings will radically change your thinking, and thus your lifestyle.
Lord Jesus Christ, grant me the grace to abide in you, even as your word abides in me. I declare I am not held down by iniquity but Christ is truly alive in me. With Thanksgiving, I receive the gift of expanded faith and everything pertaining to me is beginning to fall in place. AMEN
FURTHER READING: Ephesians 4:13; Col 4:12