23rd DECEMBER 2021
“Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.” – Isaiah 30:21.
The truth is that as children of God, we do not have to walk blind. In our relationship with God, He talks to us, and we ought to listen. Jesus tells us in John 10:27, “My sheep hears my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” No doubt, it takes time to learn to discern God’s voice. We can’t forcefully ask God to talk to us. But in humility, we can ask, seek, and knock and God will show up. How do we know whether we’re hearing the voice of God? The word of God today wants us to recognize that God talks to us in many ways, but we must be careful. Use these seven keys to judge whether what you hear from within or from others comes from God:
– The Scriptures: Voice of God usually corresponds with the scriptures.
– The Holy Spirit: He will minister to you. Whatever comes from the Holy Spirit usually agrees with the Scriptures.
– Prophetic Utterances and Godly counsel: Listen to Godly utterances, but examine everything carefully and hold fast to that which is good.
– Subject everything you hear or feel to confirmation – By the mouth of two or three witnesses, every fact may be confirmed.
– The peace of God: The voice of God cries for peace, forgiveness and mercy. Any voice crying for vengeance and destruction is not of God.
– Circumstances/Timing – Be vigilant and take advantage of opportunities that come up at the dying minutes. God is the God of the last minute!
Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I receive Your promises today, and I rebuke every contrary, deceitful and evil voice that tends to pull me down or mislead my path from the realization of your promises. Lord, I commit all my ways and works onto your hands, and I declare my thoughts and actions are agreeable to your will. From this day onwards, my plans are established and successful. I am positioned to receive a life-changing divine encounter NOW. Like, Paul, I declare I am blessed with a strategic partnership like Paul, Aquila and Priscilla, and I am transformed and blessed. AMEN
FURTHER READING: Proverbs 16:3